Are you wondering if you make content on your youtube channel and still not getting the likes and subscribers are also not increasing. You must be wondering that you’re making great content and still not getting the desirable subscribers.
Creating good content is not enough to get thousands of subscribers. Getting discovered by the right people at the right time is important. An engaged audience is very much important if you want to make money from youtube.
All the tips mentioned below are directed towards two goals: How Advertise Youtube Videos and to promote your youtube channel.
1. Nail your youtube SEO
Did you know? Just like your blog posts with SEO tactics, you can promote youtube videos as well with help of SEO.
To make sure your youtube videos are ranking on search engines, follow these youtube marketing practices:
- Video Description: do research of keywords from niche and using tools like Ahrefs or keyword.io and include them in the title and description of your video.
- Categories: Always categorise your youtube videos, so that youtube shows your video if someone searches for that particular term.
- Tags: Youtube allows you to add multiple tags. Make sure to add tags so that your audience will get your video if they are searching from a particular tag.
- Comments: Engage with your audience in the comment section and try to use primary keywords in conversation with them.
- Channel About: Youtube channel has an “about” section where you can explain what your channel is about. Add keywords in the first lines of your content. This “about” content is also displayed in the search sections.
- Channel Keywords: Youtube allows you to add channel keywords which helps your channel to rank.
2. Engage with your audience
If people are engaging with your videos then it means they are liking your videos. There are some ways you can strike a conversation with the audience.
- Comment on and off on youtube: Engage with your audience both in your youtube comment section box and outside youtube on any other social media platforms like instagram, Quoura, etc. you can also interact with other channels to attract audience from there as well.
- Pin top comments: Use this feature for your advantage either to pin a really good comment from your account.
- Establish a relationship with your top audiences: Youtube analytics helps you to identify your top audiences i.e., those who interact with your videos the most. These audiences have the potential to become your ambassadors so focus on maintaining a good relationship with them, you can give regular shout-outs.
- Run contests and giveaways: This is a short way to boost engagement. Ask your audience to do something like commenting, tagging, subscribing or participating in a contest. Make sure to follow youtube policies.
- Live stream videos: Host a Q/A in your live interaction with your audience. Remember, you can earn loyal followers when your audience gets to see you live instead of a pre-recorded video.
3. Customize your thumbnail
Human brains are hardwired to spot catchy visuals before any text. One fact that you cannot ignore this is your youtube videos. Customized thumbnails are a great way to make sure the viewer chooses your video over others’.
Some tips to make an appealing thumbnail for your youtube video:
- Ideal youtube video thumbnail size is 1280 x 720 pixels
- Use a light colour background
- If adding a photo, add a closeup
- Have a clear representation of what your videos contain and keep your thumbnail clutter free.
- Use as authentic a thumbnail as you can.
4. Add a catchy title
After the thumbnail , the next thing viewers notice is the title. Titles are the make-or-break deals for the viewers to decide if they are interested in your video or not. Remember the selecting process of videos happens in seconds.
Some tips to get a catchy title for your youtube videos:
- Limit your title to 60 characters
- Keep it authentic
- You can use the 4 “U” to write a catchy title- unique, useful, urgent, ultra
- Use adjective or emotional words
5. Collaborate with other channels and brands
You know what is the easiest way to achieve subscribers. It’s a collaboration!! Collaborate with other YouTubers and create content that is suitable for both of your channels. By doing this, the audience following your collaborator can connect with you and vice-a versa.
You can also do youtube paid promotion with the brands. Either you can approach that brand and tell them about your youtube channel or they will contact you while seeing you on other social media platforms.
Youtube promotion cost is also high, you can earn a good amount of money. Many youtubers use this feature so that they can also connect with more audiences.
Some tips for collaboration:
- Choose the right collaborator and post the video at the right time.
- Remember to announce the collaboration on social media in advance.
- When shooting a video for a collaborator’s video, ask the viewers to connect with your channel as well.
- Collaborate with authority websites so that your video will host on the top performing blogs.